Friday, April 1, 2011

Update

And like so many bloggers before me, I have failed to update in a really long time.
This is does not mean that I didn't have to time to update it or that I've been just way too busy to update... it just means most of the time, my thrilling plans of eating kräm and watching Pride and Prejudice for 26th time triumph over updating my blog.

And here comes the promise: I promise to update this weekend! I have a lot to cover (Paris, Rome, Riga, Copenhagen, Amsterdam and of course, more adventures in Uppsala) !

Before I go start to update from my trip to Rome, I have a funny story about Sweden...

I always manage to laugh when I go grocery shopping. I'm constantly on the hunt for things that I miss the most. So of course, I have that laugh, that isn't really a laugh, it's more of a WHY DON'T THEY SELL GATORADE IN SWEDEN laugh/cry. That's the first one. The second one is when they have literally have 3 rows of different brands and types of milk but to find just one jar of peanut butter (of even the weird off-brands) is absolutely impossible. I swear they move it every week. Finally, Swedes at the check out line. It's almost hard for me to write this and not laugh... You know that little plastic stick you put on the conveyor belt to separate your stuff from the person's food behind you? If you do not put that little plastic stick down immediately after you are finished putting your food on the belt, a Swedish person will get so mad at you. When I first got to Sweden, the lady behind me huffed really loudly and made a point to get the plastic stick and slam it down on the belt. Don't get me wrong, Swedes are a really nice group of people, but for some reason it really, really irritates them if your food isn't clearly separated from their food. It's funny too, because one of the times a Swede became upset with me, I was only buying a pint of milk and a banana for breakfast on the way to class. I'm fairly certain the checkout lady can figure out that I'm only buying two things.

Not sure if that's funny to anyone else but Taylor and me.

Prepare for updates!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment