Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Uppsala Update

I wish I had some really excellent excuse for my lack of an update. In reality, I’ve just been having too much fun running around Uppsala, hanging out with friends and sometimes just doing nothing.

I have a lot of free time. I’m a full time student at Uppsala University and I only have class on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 2 hours each day. Granted, I’m not taking the hardest classes. I was trying to get into some international health classes that would go from 8AM-5PM for 4 days a week but somehow I didn’t get in to those classes. So I’m taking nothing but Swedish culture classes with other exchange students. I guess I really can’t complain.
Since I have all this free time, I’ve decided that I need to pick up a hobby or two while I’m here. First things first, I’m getting a gym membership. I literally have no excuse for that anymore. I also found an English Bookstore in downtown Uppsala. So I think my love of Uppsala’s coffee shops and the fact that I’m a few years behind in my reading might pair up nicely together. My friends and I also recently discovered the wonders of the sauna. Every building in Flogsta has a sauna on a the top floor. I think we will be taking advantage of that Nordic tradition quite often.

So I’m a little behind in updating but I’ll make separate entries about my trip to Finland and my nation! For all those people suffering in the blizzard in the Midwest, I think I have to tell you that it hasn’t snowed in Sweden in almost 2 weeks and today was a high of 38. And you thought I was crazy for wanting to go to Sweden...

No comments:

Post a Comment